About Me

My photo
North Carolina, United States
(Allie & Harris) Wife, teacher, patient, thinker, friend, worrier, planner, seeker. These are the hats I wear on a daily basis for the roles in my life. Harris and I've been married since 1999 and we have two fur babies of the feline sort. We have a pretty good life, all things considered. But, it's not complete. Seven years ago I received a diagnosis of PCOS, a condition which has taken a toll on both my body and soul. It will not beat me though and we will be parents.

Friday, June 29, 2012

In good company...

Good results were emailed to me while in the air on Wednesday.  Eight of the ten eggs made it to become top quality embryos!!!  Whoo hoo!  Dr. Shivani transferred 4 of them into our surrogate on Wednesday and the others were frozen.  We're officially in our 2WW, and thrilled to be sharing it with several others in blog-land.  My hope is that we're able to share our 9MW (9 month wait!) as well!

Today, my mom was my chaufer around the area as we went to run errands all day.  We got our Agreement signed by Harris, went to Staples and scanned everything in for our records, headed to the bank to wire the embryo storage fee to SCI, and headed over to UPS the documents to India.  It cost close to $70 to send them the cheapest way.  They will be there by the end of (their) business day on Tuesday. 

I've had to laugh several in the last 24 hours because I feel like I was both so missed and so totally loved while I was gone.  Harris hasn't stopped talking since I got home.  Seriously.  It's like he's a Chatty-Cathy doll!  A tall, handsome Chatty-Cathy mind you.  This is totally out of character for him, because he's usually not like this.  He even talks to me in the bathroom thru the door.  He was alone for too long, I think!  I love my husband!

We remain cautiously optimistic. 

25 comments:

  1. Good luck on the transfer! Sending positive vibes for your 2WW! Hoping for a BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We've got everything crossed as well!

      Delete
  3. I wish you a strong BFP and then a very boring 9 month pregnancy ! Keeping it all crossed for you Allie and Harris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would kill for the most boring pregnancy and unexciting delivery in the history of babies!

      Delete
  4. Excellent results!! Good luck on the 2ww and I hope and pray you have a 9mw too!!!! Sr x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tons of baby dust and sticking-growing energy to your embies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! If it takes, I know it's going to be a long 9 months!

      Delete
  6. lol! you must have really been missed.
    I've everything crossed for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was missed! I think my cats are very relieved to be passing the conversation back to me! Ha ha!

      Delete
  7. Fab results Allie!! Really hoping to hear some great news in a couple of weeks - sending all of our positive vibes to India!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzie & Ben! I'm hoping to have a happy ending like yours next year this time!

      Delete
  8. Best wishes! ...and the adventure continues!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Edward! It certainly is an adventure!

      Delete
  9. Woo hoo! Fantastic news!!! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We're both due for some fantastic news, I think! Hang in there with the jet lag.

      Delete
  10. Best wishes on a successful 2ww and 9 month wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very exciting! We hope to start our journey in the next month or so!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent news all the best Allie, sending positive vibes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eight out of ten is a great number. My fingers are crossed for the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enough for a second attempt or a sibling - that's great news! Sending good thoughts your way for a BFP+++!

    ReplyDelete