About Me

My photo
North Carolina, United States
(Allie & Harris) Wife, teacher, patient, thinker, friend, worrier, planner, seeker. These are the hats I wear on a daily basis for the roles in my life. Harris and I've been married since 1999 and we have two fur babies of the feline sort. We have a pretty good life, all things considered. But, it's not complete. Seven years ago I received a diagnosis of PCOS, a condition which has taken a toll on both my body and soul. It will not beat me though and we will be parents.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Welcome Distractions...



So, in the real world, I'm a third grade teacher and this week it's back to school for me!  Ironically, this is not only a good thing because I get to go back to the classroom and a job that I love, but also it's keeping my mind off of this last fertility cycle and all of the other things that are happening.  Why is it that "life events" tend to happen like water rushing out of a collapsed dam? 

I got the okay to start my injections tomorrow night and we've tried our best to line up my ultrasound visits to fall in line with the weekend and with the morning I have off next week on Open House day.  We're even hoping to push off the trigger day until the next weekend in case we do decide to go with IUI. 

Then, I got a call from Harris letting me know that he has a potential job offer...in another state...that would cause us to have to move.  Our house has been on the market for almost 3 months now, but since India came into the picture we've been debating on whether or not to sell.  If we kept the house, we could refinance and pull a good amount of the money we'd need from the equity.  That would keep us from having to totally drain our savings and we'd be able to keep payments and interest low as we pay back what we've borrowed.  We've already been to the bank and have multiple ways to pay for everything associated with surrogacy - it's just that we're trying to figure out the best way to handle the debt.  Nothing's settled with money - is it ever, really?

Oh, and I found out that the lab messed up my bloodwork again.  They were supposed to do my bloodtype for the infectious disease screening.  Apparently, they got the AB part but not the + or - part.  According to my doctor, that's important to know.  LOL!  Seriously,  I may as well laugh as cry because needles and I seem to have a date with destiny.  No matter how much I try, I can't get away from them easily - one draw turns into two, and anyway I cut it I must do both injections and possibly egg retrieval to have kids.  With my crummy luck, I'll have 1 egg and have to do the process like 20 times! 

In summary, thank the Lord it's time for school!  I'm ready for 22 kids and all the excitement and energy they bring with them.  Bring on the lesson plans, homework, tests, and grading!  Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment